With no refined sugar, little fat, no cholesterol and a dose of heart healthy oats and calcium-rich almonds, the classic ‘Eve’s Pudding’ has been given a Goodstuff makeover 😉 Tuck in to your heart’s content!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
2lbs / 900g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
¼ cup natural sweetener (I use Sweet Freedom fruit sweetener. Agave syrup would also be fine)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp mixed spice
½ cup canola oil
1/3 cup natural sweetener (Sweet Freedom or agave syrup)
1½ cups rolled oats
1 cup wholemeal (wholewheat) flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup ground almonds
2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan 160C) / 350F / Gas 4.
- Place the apple, cinnamon and mixed spice in a saucepan with ¼ cup water. Stir, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes or so, until the apple has started to soften. Stir in natural sweetener, to taste.
- While the apples are cooking, prepare the topping: Whisk the oil and sweetener together, using a fork. Mix in the oats, flour, baking powder and ground almonds.
- Spoon the apples into a large pie dish (or 2 medium size dishes*). Tip the oaty mixture on top and gently spread to cover the apples. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top. Bake for 15 minutes or so, until the topping is golden and cooked through.
- Delicious served on its own or with natural soya yoghurt or cream.
* I use 2 medium size pie dishes and freeze one pudding.