Chickpea 'Tuna' Salad Sandwich Filling
This tasty plant-based alternative to the Tuna Mayo Salad sandwich is creamy, crunchy, sweet, salty and tangy! It is really easy to make and perfect for lunchboxes.
- 400 g / 14 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 TBSP vegan mayonnaise either home-made or shop-bought*
- 1 TBSP light tahini
- 1-2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp nori sprinkles (I use Clearspring)
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50 g / ¼ cup canned sweetcorn drained
- 40 g / ¼ cup dill pickles (aka cornichon gherkins) chopped
Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and roughly mash using a potato masher.
Add the mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice and mustard and stir through until fully combined.
Add the dried dill, salt, sweetcorn and pickles and stir to combine. Taste test and adjust the seasoning to suit.
Store the sandwich filling in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for three days.
* There are lots of options available now for vegan mayonnaise! You could either use a shop-bought mayo such as Hellmans, Vegenaise or M&S Plant Kitchen... or make you own. My 'Quick and Easy' Vegan Mayonnaise recipe can be found here.