Today, I’m very excited to launch a fantastic giveaway! My good friends over at Elements for Life have given me ten of their Pink Himalayan Salt and Cacao Nib Grinders to give away to you, my lovely readers 😀
It makes me so happy when I get to give away products that I love myself. This blogging gig has some seriously great perks! 😀
The Pink Himalayan Salt is sourced from the foothills of the Himalayas, where it was deposited by primal seas millions of years ago. It is totally pure and packed with trace minerals. I use the salt to season savoury meals and to add a touch of saltiness to my raw chocolate barks.
The cacao nibs are sourced from Peruvian cacao beans. Once the beans have been dried, they are crushed and the papery skins removed, leaving the cacao nibs. Since they aren’t roasted, the cacao nibs retain all the goodness found in cacao beans. They contain a serious amount of nutrients, including lots of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and amino acids. To find out more about their nutrient content, check out my ‘Wonders of Raw Chocolate‘ post.
I like to sprinkle cacao nibs on my porridge, banana pancakes, chocolate ‘cashew’ cheese cakes, yoghurts, parfaits, chocolate energy milkshakes, chocolate banana icecream and mocha coffees. If you like very dark chocolate, you’ll love cacao nibs!
Another great feature of this giveaway is that the two products come packaged in their own glass bottles with plastic grinder tops, which have two settings – coarse and fine. I’ve never had a manual grinder that’s had adjustable settings so I’m loving this feature. It saves me having to get out my electric grinder when I want fine nibs for sprinkling on drinks.
In addition to my Coffee Frappuccinos, another drink I’m loving at the moment is home-made Mocha Frappuccinos / Frappés. The coffee shop versions are way too sugary for my liking. They seriously make me nauseous and the feeling lasts for hours 🙁 Instead, I much prefer my home-made version. It’s very simple to make and you can adjust the sweetness to suit your individual tastes. As an added bonus, they’re far cheaper to make yourself. ‘M’ loves them too!
For a Mocha Frappuccino, I simply use my Coffee Frappuccino recipe and add a tablespoon of cacao powder per person. While the recipe will work fine with regular cocoa powder, I prefer to use raw cacao powder as I find the taste superior, plus it adds more lovely nutrients 🙂
Just in case you’d like to try it too, here’s how I make it:
1 cup’s worth of coffee ice cubes (about 7 cubes)
1 cup of soya or almond milk (240 ml / 8 fl oz)
1 TBSP raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
½ TBSP maple syrup (or agave syrup)
Ground cacao nibs, for sprinkling
1. Brew a jug of strong coffee using a cafetiere (French Press). Leave to cool. When cold, pour the coffee into a large ice cube tray and place in the freezer. Any leftover coffee can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and used for iced coffees or to replenish the ice cube tray.
2. To make the frappuccino, place around 7 coffee ice cubes in a blender along with a cup of milk and tablespoon of cacao powder. Pulse a few times to break up the ice, then blend on high speed until the ice is fully incorporated. Add syrup, to taste, and pulse a few more times to combine. Serve immediately in cool glasses, with a sprinkling of cacao nibs.
GIVEAWAY TIME! NOW CLOSED!
Elements for Life are selling these refillable grinders for £2.75 and £2.95, which I think is a great price considering that they come pre-filled with 100g of the Pink Himalayan salt and cacao nibs, respectively.
However, five of my lucky readers are going to bag themselves one each of the grinders for FREE!
There are three ways to enter the giveaway:
- Leave me a comment below. Anything will do, but I’d love to find out a bit more about you! Are you already a fan of Pink Himalayan salt or cacao nibs, or have you yet to try them? Have you tried any new drinks lately that you’re loving?
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the ‘Like’ button at the bottom of this post, then leave me a comment below to let me know you have done so.
- Share this giveaway on Twitter with something like “I’ve entered the @GoodStuffSharon @MakeRawChoc Pink Himalayan Salt & Cacao Nib Giveaway”, then leave me a comment below to let me know you have done so.
If you enter all three ways, you’ll triple your chances of winning.
Sorry international readers but this giveaway has to be UK only due to the postage costs.
The closing date is Thursday 1st August 2013 at midnight GMT. After this date, 5 lucky winners will be chosen at random.
Good luck everyone! xx