I’ve had so much fun compiling my Summer Soundtrack to 2012 🙂
Each of the following songs has a special memory for me. As soon as I hear them, I’m instantly transported back to a particular moment in the past three months …
… listening to Delilah whilst driving through a sunny New Forest on the way back from my birthday treat
… singing ‘Rise Up’ at the top of my voice whilst driving through the Italian Dolomites
… sitting in the car in the middle of a cold, wet, farmer’s field in the Lake District and being magically ‘transported’ to Majorca where Jessie Ware was singing live at ‘Mallorca Rocks’.
… and the memories go on…
I’ve finished off my summer soundtrack with Underworld’s Caliban’s Dream. This is the ’32 bars of bliss’ that accompanied the lighting of the Olympic Torch at the Opening Ceremony. What an incredible summer we’ve had here in the UK. It’s been epic!
1. Jessie Ware – Running
2. Jessie Ware – 110%
3. Delilah – Breathe (Sub Zero Remix)
4. Sub Focus – Out of the Blue feat. Alice Gold
5. David Guetta – Titanium feat. Sia
6. Eric Prydz vs. Floyd – Proper Education
7. Kendrick Lamar – Swimming Pools (Drank)
8. Delilah – Love You So (Joe Goddard Remix)
9. Nneka – Shining Star (Joe Goddard Remix)
10. Yves LaRock – Rise Up
11. Two Door Cinema Club – Sleep Alone
12. Underworld – Caliban’s Dream (Radio Edit)
featuring Alex Trimble (Two Door Cinema Club), The Dockhead Choir, Dame Evelyn Glennie, Only Men Aloud, & Elizabeth Roberts
What have been your favourite songs of Summer 2012?
Is there any song in particular that transports you back to a favourite moment during the summer?