With just over a week until Easter, our minds have been on all things egg and bunny shaped, and preferably made of chocolate. We’ve been scouting the shops and online stores, checking out what’s on offer for vegans and the dairy free. Every year, the selection gets bigger and bigger. I remember not so long ago that it was impossible to find a dairy-free egg (even the dark chocolate eggs contained dairy :/). This year, whether you’re a milk, white or dark chocolate lover, we’ve got you covered. Here’s our top picks for 2015.
5. Choices Dairy-Free Easter Egg & 6 Choc Discs 125g (Holland & Barrett)
6. Choices Dairy-Free Caramel Flavoured Egg with 3 Caramel Chocolates 120g (Holland & Barrett)
7. Vantastic Large Vegan Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny 100g (Vegan Town)
Guaranteed dairy-free: Moo Free, Plamil
1. Vantastic Large White Chocolate Bunny 100g (Viva!)
2. Zotter Mi-Xing White Easter Egg 100g (Viva!)
3. Choices Dairy Free White Chocolate Egg & Buttons 65g (Holland & Barrett)
1. Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate Chunky Button Egg 250g (Ocado)
2. Cocoa Loco Dark Chocolate & Ginger Easter Egg 225g (Cocoa Loco)
4. Hotel Chocolat Dark Egglets 110g (Hotel Chocolat)
5. Hotel Chocolat Dark City Bunnies 90g (Hotel Chocolat)
Hotel Chocolat Milk-Free Milk Chocolate – NEW for 2015!
As soon as I heard that Hotel Chocolat had launched a range of milk-free milk chocolate, I headed straight to our store in Bath to check it out. It didn’t taste quite as I expected… it’s got that quality cocoa flavour that we know and love about Hotel Chocolat, but it didn’t have the creaminess (or sugary sweetness) that we associate with dairy chocolate. When Lil’ L tried it, he said that it was more like a dark chocolate than a dairy chocolate. If you’re a milk chocolate lover, I’d recommend trying a sample before you buy to make sure it suits your tastes. I like it… but then again I’m a dark chocolate lover 😉
1. Milk-Free Milk Scrambled Egg 210g
2. Milk-Free Goose Egg 130g
3. Milk-Free Milk City Bunnies 90g
What chocolatey treat would you love from the Easter Bunny this year?